Finger Tendon Glides for Band Athletes
Recently many athletes have contacted us about having issues completing their workouts due to overusing their fingers throughout their day before they are able to get to the gym due to pain or stiffness, specifically band members. A really easy way to combat this issue is to perform tendon glides throughout your day to relieve stress upon the various tendons in your hand and fingers.
To perform tendon glides for your hand, you should:
1. Fully extend your fingers then touch the top of your palm
2. Fully extend your fingers then touch the middle of your palm
3. Fully extend your fingers then touch the bottom of your palm
4. Then use your thumb to touch the tip of each finger, the middle of each finger, and the bottom of each finger
5. Now try to touch various spots on your palm with just your thumb and finish by extending your fingers back out and making a fist
Perform this whole series at any time throughout your day to prophylactically treat your hands before you hit the gym!
Featured Image By: The Handcare Blog