TrA Progression (1): Bent Knee Fallout
Once I have my TrA activated, what should I do first to challenge it?
After successfully activating your TrA while laying down, you need to progress to activating it in more functional ways. Our progression will start from simple to more complex in order to challenge our ability to activate and use this muscle. Here is our first progression:
Bent Knee Fallout
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on floor
- Use Abdominal Drawing-In Maneuver from previous post
- Slowly move right knee to the side keeping foot at same spot on floor
- Only move right knee 20 degrees the slowly bring back to center
- Use 2 second lowering: 1 second hold at bottom: 2 second raising tempo
- Repeat on other leg
- 10 times each leg
This exercise should be performed slowly in order to focus on keeping your TrA engaged. Stay tuned for our next post to see our next step in the TrA activation progression!
Featured Image By: HEP2go – Build a HEP < Home Exercise Program> For Free