TrA Progression (3): Heel Slides
What comes next after Single Leg Marches?
Once you have successfully activated this muscle while performing Single Leg Marching, we need to keep progressing. Below is our third progression that will continue to challenge this muscle:
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on floor
- Use Abdominal Drawing-In Maneuver from previous post
- Slowly slide right heel away from body
- Stop when right leg is straight
- Slowly slide right heel toward the body
- Use 3 second sliding out:1 second hold at end: 3 second sliding back tempo
- Repeat on other leg
- 10 times each leg
This exercise should be performed slowly in order to focus on keeping your TrA engaged. Stay tuned for our next post to see our next step in the TrA activation progression!
Featured Image By: HEP2go – Build a HEP < Home Exercise Program> For Free