TrA Progression (4): Double Leg Bridges
Heel Slides. Check. What’s next?
Once you have successfully activated this muscle while performing Heel Slides, we need to keep progressing. Below is our fourth progression that will continue to challenge this muscle:
Double Leg Bridges
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on floor
- Use Abdominal Drawing-In Maneuver from previous post
- Raise your hips off ground toward the ceiling
- Stop when knees, hips, and shoulder are aligned
- Slowly lower hips back down to floor
- Use 2 second raising:1 second hold at top: 2 second lowering down tempo
- Repeat 10 times
This exercise should be performed slowly in order to focus on keeping your TrA engaged. Stay tuned for our next post to see our next step in the TrA activation progression!
Featured Image By: Top.me