TrA Progression (5): Single Leg Bridges
How can I challenge my core even more after the Double Leg Bridges?
Once you have successfully activated this muscle while performing Double Leg Bridges, we need to keep progressing. Below is our fifth progression that will continue to challenge this muscle:
Single Leg Bridge
- Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on floor
- Use Abdominal Drawing-In Maneuver from previous post
- Raise your hips off ground toward the ceiling
- Stop when knees, hips, and shoulder are aligned
- Slowly kick out one leg until fully extended
- Slowly bring leg back under body
- Slowly lower hips back down to floor
- Repeat with other leg
- Repeat 10 times each leg
This exercise should be performed slowly in order to focus on keeping your TrA engaged. Stay tuned for our next post to see our next step in the TrA activation progression!
Featured Image By: tfd Gym