TrA Progression (6): Deadbugs
What’s the final progression of my TrA Activation?
Once you have successfully activated this muscle while performing Single Leg Bridges, we need to progress to our final and most functional exercise. Below is our sixth and final progression that will continue to challenge this muscle:
- Lie on your back with arms pointed toward ceiling, legs at 90 degrees, and knees and 90 degrees
- Have a swiss ball in between arms and legs
- Use Abdominal Drawing-In Maneuver from previous post
- Lower right arm and left leg simultaneously
- Keep swiss ball steady in between left arm and right leg
- Once right arm and left leg hit the floor bring them back to starting position
- Repeat with opposite side
- Repeat 10 times each side
This exercise should be performed slowly in order to focus on keeping your TrA engaged. This ends our progression for TrA Activation. The next step is to continue to activate this muscle prior to and during lifting. In our next post, we will compare this activation to a very common mistake that is made in the gym and in sports!
Featured Image By: Openfit